//

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Holiday nails for brides

The Holiday season is here, and if you're newly engaged, this means showing-off your beautiful rock at every Holiday party on your calendar. Pretty manicures will be a must to complement and show-off that ring. Here are a few festive Essie nail polish combinations I tried and loved. 
Enjoy and happy holidays! xox

For the glamorous bride-to-be:
This Essie shade of pink, Topless & barefoot, was my go-to nail polish throughout my entire year as a fiancĂ©e. It is a classic that fits all skin tones. If you'd like a pinker shade, Muchi Muchi is a great option. To glam up your nails for the holidays, add a little sparkle as a top coat. I applied Set in stones just at the base of my nails for a festive touch. 

Essie nail polishes: Top left: Muchi Muchi; Center: Set in Stones; Top right: Topless & barefoot
For the classic bride-to-be:
For those of you who prefer wearing neutral colours, try Yogaga or Gym Dandy as your main nail shade and add a shimmery colour to your ring finger to bring all eyes on that fabulous ring you're wearing! In the photo below, I am wearing Yogaga and Beyond Cozy as an accent - I have to say, this colour is to die for - I absolutely loved it!
Essie nail polishes: Top left: Yogaga; Center: Beyond Cozy; Top right: Gym Dandy

For the trendy bride-to-be:
These days, the trendy thing to do on your nails is to either go for a texture or a matte effect. Not to take away from the beauty of your ring, I decided to go for a matte finish and was pleasantly surprised with the results. First, Essie's Matte about you top coat dries your nails in no time and the matte effect is impressive and durable. At first, I thought my nails would feel rough or scratch easily, but none of this happened - my manicure last for a full week before I noticed a single chip.
For my first matte nails trial, I opted for two shades from Essies' winter collection: Shearling Darling topped with Matte about you and Toggle to the top on my ring finger to bring a little holiday sparkle to my hands. 
Essie nail polishes: Top left: Toggle to the top; Center: Matte about you; Top right: Shearling Darling

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments :

Post a Comment