//

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Weddingbells 30th Anniversary

There's something so special and exciting about buying your first bridal magazine as a fiancĂ©e... No need to secretly hide in the corner of an Indigo bookstore, you can now openly enjoy flipping and tagging the pages that inspire you. I still remember when I got my very first Weddingbells magazine in the summer of 2011... I sat down on my couch and devoured it from cover to cover, reading every word and admiring every picture. 
This year, Weddingbells is celebrating 30 years as the premier source of inspiration for Canadian couples tying the knot. I had the honor of celebrating this milestone with them at the Design Exchange in Toronto. The night was filled with grandiose surprises. Some of my favourites were the giant Weddingbells marquee letters by Event Graffiti, the extraordinary sweets table displaying a selection of 30 macaron flavors from Bonnie Gordon College and finally the amazing aerial performance and latin dance show. Believe me when I say, it was spectacular!


I also had the pleasure to chat with the legend of the publication, Alison McGill. Here's what she had to say about 2015 wedding trends:

SheSaidOui: What is the one thing you shouldn't DIY?
AM: Food! Brides think that they can save a buck by DIYing parts of their wedding, but the process can be stressful. Some projects are bigger than one would think and the stress isn't worth it! I wouldn't DIY the dress or the flowers either.

SheSaidOui: What do you think will be the biggest trend this year for groom's style?
AM: I see the return of the tuxedo. Guys will have fun with their wardrobes which will be chic and formal, inspired by the red carpet looks we saw this past awards season.

SheSaidOui: What's your take on destination weddings?
AM: They are good for the relaxed bride. The process done at distance can be too stressful for brides who like to micro manage. People think of the beach when talking about destination weddings, but more and more Canadians are picking places like England, Ireland and Australia to tie the knot.

SheSaidOui: What would you keep or skip if you were to recreate your wedding today?
AM: I would do the same thing all over again. I had an intimate, personal wedding with only my husband and parents. I was able to hand-pick every single detail of the day and it was perfect.

I'm delighted and honoured to have been invited to celebrate this major milestone in the history of this amazing magazine. Cheers to another 30 years of bridal inspiration!

-Bella
xoxo










No comments :

Post a Comment